“I was in prison and you came to visit me … I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25:36, 40
Mission: Take the Gospel to incarcerated men, women, and youth in local and state prisons in Texas and provide post-prison support to ex-offenders
We are not waiting for people to walk through the front doors of Crossroads of Arlington but taking the Gospel to our Community with our Prison and Homeless Ministries. There is hope, healing, and a new purpose for each life through Jesus. When it seems the darkest of times, Jesus is the light. When lost, HE is the way. When the dirtiest, HE cleanses us with the blood that was shed for our sins. He is the Savior and Deliverer of second chances.
Why Join the Prison Ministry and Outreach?
- 2 million men and women are incarcerated*
- 95% of prisoners are released
- This year more than 600k will return to their communities
- 2 of 3 will be rearrested
- 7 million children with a parent in prison
What if we could make a difference in even a few inmates’ lives by introducing them to Jesus and providing the tools and support that they need to transition back into society?
Areas of the Prison Ministry and Outreach
- Pen Pal correspondence
- Face-to-Face visitation with inmates
- Post-prison mentoring
- Post-prison life skills, addiction, recovery classes
- Holiday card drive
- Support and prayers for families of inmates
For more information on how to get involved, please complete the Volunteer Information Request online by clicking HERE.